Why You Need Credit Sesame
Credit Sesame is a free credit monitoring website that is helping millions of Americans get out of debt. Their technology scores your credit activity with a bold red or green warning when your scores change.
Credit Sesame is a free service that’s easy to use, yet gives you the same reports bankers and credit pros see. You’ll get free access to a complete view of your credit reports and scores, so you can monitor and take control of your finances.
Credit Sesame is an online financial management app packed with dozens of free tools and resources to help you improve your credit and achieve your financial goals.
You can also get free debt management software and check their credit card offers to find the best deal for your situation. The app is free to use and you can join Credit Sesame regardless of your credit standing to start getting your finances in order.
This secure site collects your basic information and credit score to help you start improving your finances. It’s a handy app that can help you get in control of your finances and bounce back from setbacks.
Here are some of the major benefits of Credit Sesame:
- Monitor your credit
- See your credit reports and score for free
- See a color coded score with explanation and recommendations
Introducing Credit Sesame
Credit Sesame is a financial comparison website designed to help you save money. Credit Sesame (the company behind Credit Sesame), calls itself a financial life manager and has been in the industry since 2008. They work by partnering reputable financial institutions to provide you with free credit reports and scores every month so you know where you stand. (As a side note, this website has lots of ads, so if that’s likely to bother you, you might want to check out some of my other website picks.)
What Credit Sesame does is help you save money and understand your credit score. They give you access to your TransUnion credit report, FICO credit score, and your TransUnion credit score every month, and they emphasize that it’s completely free.
They have a free dashboard designed to tell you about any changes in your credit score and a free credit report summary you can check out, and you can also choose to receive email notifications when your TransUnion credit score changes. Plus, Credit Sesame collects your credit score from all three major credit bureaus—Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax—in order to give you all the information you need to make educated decisions about your debts.
Credit Sesame Credit Optimization
Digitally connecting you to the information indicating your credit health, Credit Sesame is a free website tool that is supposed to give you an out-of-the-box credit-optimization solution.
All you need to do is to verify your credit score with TransUnion, a large credit-score reporting agency.
After that, you can start optimizing your credit score, in three easy steps.
- Nudge your score with pre-approved applications.
- Negotiate with your creditor.
- Let Credit Sesame make five money saving recommendations.
Let Credit Sesame Do The Work
You’ve heard it before: get out of debt, stay in debt longer, spend less, save more, etc. If you don’t live your life that way out of habit, you need a little more support. You need a little help from your friends, or your financial friends, anyways.
We’ve all heard the same advice from our parents, our teachers, our college professors, and the nightly news. –Save more, invest here, don’t take on debt.” And it’s all true. All of those suggestions will help you manage your finances.
There are plenty of personal finance software programs out there for you to choose from. But it takes time and energy to track your spending, especially if you’re on the go.
Credit Sesame is a great free online tool that asks you four basic questions and then delves deeper into your personal finances.
Once you sign up you’ll be given a detailed overview of your debt, savings, credit utilization, and how much you’re spending on different categories.
Debt Optimization Through Credit Sesame
- It is free
- It has a blog with great advice on how to use your credit and debt
- It provides you with specific advice on how to decrease your debt on a month to month basis, which is a great feature
- It has a financial calculator that allows you to compare options and scenario changes for long-term debt reduction
- They send you updates that will give you advice on how to maintain your debt and credit score
- They have information on lending options such as open credit cards, Roth IRAs, saving for college, and auto loans
- You can access your free credit score with Credit Sesame
Cons of Credit Sesame
- You get two credit scores and two credit categories each month by default instead of your actual credit score. This can be misleading if you are not aware that this is the case
- You get email updates on your credit card balance and your free credit score which is an important thing to consider because some people will find this irritating if they are not big on their credit score
- You can easily sign up for their credit monitoring; however, in order to view your free credit score, you will have to create an account
You Might Forget, They Won’t
Credit Sesame is a web app that boosts your financial life. You may use it to:
- Find and apply for credit cards.
- See your balance and payments for any of your cards.
- Manage your credit cards.
- Set your alerts to monitor your finances.
- Share your finances.
- Reviews from the community.
But as you are about to see in this review, it’s not just a web app that you can check out when you have time.
Here’s Credit Sesame review in a nutshell:
Easy to Choose.
Credit Sesame provides you with a handful of offers from diverse credit cards and financial companies to choose the best fit. You can find offers for prepaid cards, online reviews, or new credit cards.
Integrate with Other Services.
Credit Sesame allows you to import credit card statements from your account. And you can put other financial accounts to sync with your Credit Sesame account: Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, and saving accounts. How awesome is that?
Make the Most of your Credit Cards.
You can check out how many days you still have a grace period. Or better yet, you can set up your payment schedule to transfer money so that it hits in advance.
Weigh your Debt.
My Experience with Credit Sesame
I started my personal finance journey using Credit Sesame. Through this FREE service, I learned how to fix my bad credit score and get out of debt.
Since I decided to use Credit Sesame as my primary credit monitoring tool, I’ve discovered a few ways to improve my score much more quickly than before. So, in this review of Credit Sesame, I share my experiences and what I’ve learned.